Raven Guard Airsoft Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Squad member requirements. (UPDATED)
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:49 pm by Douglas

» Anbody Still on the Forums?
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:58 am by TrueWashington

» AFA/Bad Karma/Noobs-day 2012
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:50 pm by Jesse

» Newest Members
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 pm by Jonathan Banuelos

» Cleaning a hydration pack.
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 am by Jesse

» A guide on how to thread MOLLE.
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 pm by Jesse

» Squad Patches
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:24 pm by James

» Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing?
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 pm by Jesse

» Life count
Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm by Jesse

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing?

+2
James
Jesse
6 posters

Go down

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? Empty Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing?

Post by Jesse Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Some people, including myself, think if we had a couple of named and designated squads instead of just random teams for each game, things would run more smoothly and the game would be over all better. James and I are willing to start a unit named RAVEN GUARD. Are others interested in this? If so, we need to set standerds and some limitations (number of players in squad, etc.). We need to know what you think.
Jesse
Jesse
Member of Administraton Board

General

My Guns : PRIMARY:
A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

User Infractions : None.

Back to top Go down

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? Empty Re: Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing?

Post by James Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Well our unit already is called "Raven Guard". I'm thinking if we get enough people we'll need something like "Raven Guard Platoon 1" and "Raven Guard Platoon 2" as the second part of Raven Guard. Here is the structure:

1. Raven Guard
|
1.1 Raven Guard Platoon 1 1.2 Raven Guard Platoon 2

James

Colonel

My Guns : Primary:
Secondary:

https://ravenguard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? Empty Re: Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing?

Post by Jesse Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:33 pm

I was thinking having singell units with differant names and people. Then we could plan team games tournaments and other stuff like that. Instead of Raven Guard platoon 1 against Raven Guard platoon 2. That way we would have more veriaty in our games and tactics. We have a total of 21players, so that's atleast 3teams.
Jesse
Jesse

General

A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 pm

Yeah. How about Platoons with images like this?

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? K9Unit

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? Army_special_forces_patch_olive_thumb-1

James

Colonel

Secondary:

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? Chicago_police_swat_lg-1

Who is interested in squad based games instead of what we have been doing? Eaa0c95dfa63a057e659d3eadc78caeb-1

James

Colonel

Secondary:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Those are cool. Where did you find them? We might want to invest in some patches to keep up with differant teams/platoons/whatever we decide. I would like to know everones oppions about this.
Jesse
Jesse

General

A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by White Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Ok I think you guys are trying to get in way over your heads here. Your going to end up making people mad and having a very small team if you start splitting up people into different platoons. I mean even if we do have 21 players I want them to be 21 players of Raven Guard not some other team name. The way things are done is we get our core group of people and assign a practice/event about once a month or something...maybe once every 2 months if once a month is too much. I play with AFA down in Bowling Green and they have over 100 members, about 30 truly active members, and they are all apart of AFA. Its not about having more teams to play against...its about training the men we are recruiting to one day participate in some actual milsim (Military Simulation) events. If you don't know what a milsim event is go to www.kyairsoft.com and there should be a page dedicated to it. I say we keep the people were going to invite apart of Raven Guard and leave it at that. Keep in mind that we may not get those 21 people who may or may not be interested in joining. This is a TEAM sport...the more we have the better we will be.

White
Special Guest

None

My Guns : Primary: KWA M4 CQB, KWA G36C, Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G-Spec

Secondary: KJW Tactical 1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm

exactly why I posted this. To see what everyone thinks. The idea of having per-set teams in our group, has been talked about since I can remember. The reason being is so that games can be organized quicker and more often. And to add more "tactical coperation". AS oppessed to random teams with differant "play styles" and disorderly chaos. Personaly I don't care what we do, this is just somthing I personaly and alot of our people have talked about. But I want to know everyones oppions first.
Jesse
Jesse

General

A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Sure.

James

Colonel

Secondary:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Sure, what?
Jesse
Jesse

General

A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I think our motto "Raven Guard, we fight hard, We die hard."

Josiah

Major

My Guns : Primary: GR-16 (M4-A1)
Secondary: Special Force M9

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I think it should be that.

Josiah

Major

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Nah. Nothing is even better.

James

Colonel

Secondary:

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 am

Jesse wrote:The reason being is so that games can be organized quicker and more often. And to add more "tactical coperation". AS oppessed to random teams with differant "play styles" and disorderly chaos.

How is making multiple teams going to make getting games organized quicker and more often? I'm not seeing the logic in saying that taking 1 basket full of apples, splitting them up into 3 or 4 different baskets and then saying its more orderly, its confusing me more than anything. I'm not arguing I'm just trying to make a point.

White
Special Guest

None

My Guns : Primary: KWA M4 CQB, KWA G36C, Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G-Spec

Secondary: KJW Tactical 1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:58 pm

In the past we've had to send a begiliion emails and a kazillion phone calls (no, I'm not exaderating) to get a game going. So if we could just contact the "team captains" instead of everyone we could get a better head count and get it organized faster and easier. Most games will be just how we've been doing it, but have one battle out of a game for the designated teams. That way we could add a slight compative edge amogest the teams, and offer "prizes" for the winning teams (i.e. patch), and other things. It would also allow us to set tournaments maybe every 4months, as team only games to filter out games with "elite" only.
Jesse
Jesse

General

A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Lol btw Jesse, I don't know why I said "sure" Razz

James

Colonel

Secondary:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Lol!
Jesse
Jesse

General

A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm for it. I think it would help the games get more organized. I mean, we wouldn't have a "dead period" before each game for choosing teams. it would be more fun because it would inspire more loyalty. For instance, I want Raven Guard to win. My loyalty, therefore, is to Raven Guard. Earlier we had teams just thrown together. One couldn't really have much loyalty to a "captain" he would be against the next game.

Douglas
Squad Member

Private

My Guns : Primary: Echo 1 Stag 15 ris aeg
Secondary: R71 aeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:04 pm

OK! James! I don't think we should let anyone else into Raven Guard unless there are like unbelievably good! I mean COME ON! how many people do we have already?!? I think we NEED to keep Raven Guard confined, like REALLY confined! we only need people in Raven Guard who are really good players with really good guns. And even if alot of people DO get really good guns and ARE really good players, I still think we should keep Raven Guard the way it is right now and NOT let anymore people join. One reason we made this "clan" was so that we could have a CONFINED group of airsoft players that were good players and had good guns. Just because someone has a good gun and is a good player doesnt mean you should let him in! I REALLY think we should NOT let anyone else in and keep Raven Guard CONFINED!!

Last edited by Josiah on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Josiah

Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:53 pm

OOOOOOKKKKKK????

Josiah

Major

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:31 pm

I'll allow anyone I want but I think I'll keep it closed for now.

James

Colonel

Secondary:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Banuelos Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:29 am

I think separating to teams within Raven Guard during 'private games only' would be a good idea, because they could get to know eachother and work together more and better.Also if we play against another team we can split up in the battlefield in those two teams. I think its a good idea

Jonathan Banuelos
Squad Member

Private

My Guns : Primary:JG M16A4 UFC
Secondary:None

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Sure.

James

Colonel

Secondary:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 pm

I posted in "Squad Composition prt. 2" with a few interesting ideas I think you shoudl check out.
Jesse
Jesse

General

A&K G300 (long)

SECONDARY:
Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down